WillApril 7, 2023by Finex & CoWho should I appoint as an executor for my minor children?

Under Section 4(2) of the Probate Administration Act 1959,

[(2) If any beneficiary is an infant, or if a life interest arises under the will or intestacy, administration shall be granted either to a trust corporation (with or without an individual) or to not less than two individuals:

Provided that—
(a) the Court may in its discretion and for such special reasons as it may think fit grant administration to one individual; and
(b) the Court in granting administration may act on such prima facie evidence, furnished by the applicant or any other person, as to whether or not there is a minority or life interest, as may be prescribed. ]


In short, it means two persons must be appointed as joint executors when there are minors involved. The requirement will be waived if a trust corporation is appointed.


If you have minor children, it is advisable that you appoint joint executors in your Will who will be responsible for managing your estate and distributing your assets after your death. The joint executors will also be responsible for managing any assets that you leave to your minor children until they reach the age of majority.

By appointing joint executors, you can ensure that there are two people who can act as executors and make decisions about your estate. This can provide added security and reduce the risk of any one executor making decisions that may not be in the best interests of your minor children.

It is important to choose your joint executors carefully and ensure that they are trustworthy, responsible and capable of managing your estate. You should also make sure that they are willing to work together and communicate effectively to ensure that your wishes are carried out.

In summary,  it is highly recommended to appoint joint executors to ensure that your estate is managed and distributed in the best interests of your minor children.

View full video here: https://youtu.be/nBqOZJfhz4w

You may make an appointment with our legal advisor here: