WillMarch 17, 2023by Finex & CoHow to prevent your assets from falling into the hands of your ex-husband / ex-wife?

If you are a single parent and want to ensure that your minor child inherits your assets, there are several steps you can take:

  1. Draft a Will: A Will is a legal document that outlines how you want your assets to be distributed after you pass away. In your Will, you can name a guardian for your child and specify how you want your assets to be managed for their benefit.
  2. Set up a trust: A trust is a legal arrangement that allows you to transfer your assets to a trustee who will manage them for the benefit of your child. You can specify the terms of the trust, including when and how your child will receive the assets.
  3. Consider life insurance: Life insurance can provide financial support for your child if you pass away. You can name your child as the beneficiary of the policy, and they will receive the proceeds when you pass away.
  4. Name an executor: You can name an executor to manage your child’s inheritance until they reach a certain age. The executor can manage the assets and make decisions for your child’s benefit until they are old enough to manage the assets themselves.
  5. Consult an expert: A legal advisor who specializes in estate planning can help you create a plan to ensure that your child inherits your assets. They can advise you on the best strategies for managing your assets and protecting your child’s inheritance.

View full video here: https://youtu.be/mRzRTjsrpko 

You may make an appointment with our legal advisor here: